Career in transition? We help you figure out what it is you really want to be doing, and help you make it happen. For whatever reason, you’ve decided you are going to leave your current organization, or maybe you’ve already left. Perhaps you’ve been out of the workforce for a while and want to transition back into formal employment. You are “in transition” and you are looking for support in navigating these challenging waters and land a great-fitting role that really inspires you.
(Re)Boot Your Career: The 1 Day Blueprint for Finding Your Perfect Work!
Attend our 1 day workshop. You will leave with a clear idea of what actions DO and DON’T work, a dramatically improved value proposition making you more attractive to future employers, and enhanced networking strategies for seeking your “best fit” opportunities in your chosen marketplace, industry, and organizations.
Take action today.
|When:||Thursday February 22, 2018|
|Where:||190 Richmond Road @ Westboro Loblaws (Community Event Room)|
|Price:||$189 — $289|
You will learn from two of Ottawa’s best connected career practitioners; both are practicing entrepreneurs focused on helping people create and deliver meaning, building reputation and delivering value. We cover a lot of ground in this workshop, and you’ll leave with a clear road-map for how to take meaningful action to move from “career transition” to “career success”.
Setting the Stage: Exploding the many myths around careers
We’ve all been told we were our organizations’ “greatest asset”, only to then be laid off. Then we go and spend countless hours firing off job applications we saw on job boards, only to get little or no response. We build and maintain multiple CV’s so we can chase various different roles — usually with only limited success. Ultimately our job search actions generally lead us to despair, and the nagging doubts set in about whether we’re really any good at all, and whether we’ll ever work again…
In setting the stage for your success, we’ll show you how the vast-majority of job search actions you’re taking are actually counter-productive to your success, and destroying your own confidence. We’ll present you with a dramatically better way that builds your confidence, knowledge, and ultimately will lead you to your perfect job.
Step #1: The Inside Job — building a strong foundation
First, you need to develop a deep understanding of what you are truly gifted at doing and your own internal motivations for doing it. We’re all wired a bit differently, and personal career satisfaction begins by understanding how you are wired and developing an accurate inventory of who you are and what you care about. Your own positional sweet-spot lies at the intersection of your personal wiring, your interests, and your work and life experiences. Through a systematic probing of this intersection you can hone in on your own “superpower”, choosing the words and phrases that best express your attributes, capabilities and work personality. This session will help you get clarity and provide you a straightforward recipe for building your powerful storyline.
Tim Ragan is the owner of Career Constructors, having walked hundreds of people through similar career clarity and action-taking processes.
Step #2: Personal Branding — your “Compelling Value Story”
Once you’re comfortable with the “who you are” part, what comes next? Quite simply, you need to tell your audience “how you add value”, and you need to be specific, compelling, and consistent. Where do you tell this story? You tell it everywhere — this includes your CV, your LinkedIn profile, social media activities, and your visual and verbal presentation cues. While a straightforward step, it involves a lot of work to get the story crisp and compelling. One place you need to stand out is on LinkedIn; it is where everyone – recruiters, employers, employees and job seekers — come together. LinkedIn is your online starting point; there are many other “social media” steps you can take which build off of your story, CV, and your LinkedIn positioning.
Step #3: The Outside Job — disciplined 21st century networking
Disciplined networking is all about your willingness and ability to “put yourself out there” on a regular basis — through networking events, seeking information meetings, conducting associated research, and the like. You will learn the science behind effective networking, and practice connecting to people in an offline world. We often think that networking is just type A personality activity, however if you learn the science behind it, you can get a much needed edge – empowering you to grow your network dramatically and develop your own “opportunity pipeline”. In this session you will learn these principles and build confidence through a fast paced speed networking activity.
You Will Leave The Workshop With a Personalized ROAD MAP for landing your perfect job, including…
- A personality profile assessment designed for the business world, giving you an understanding of what drives you as well as the work environments and teams that are the best fit for you. With the unique characterization of your work personality you can more easily move forward, understanding your optimum role and the complementary team environment in which you will thrive.
- A clear understanding of and ability to articulate what you want, also known as the ask. Many of us think we understand what we want but when pressed, fail to deliver a strong and powerful message. During the workshop, you will have the opportunity to further detail and justify what you seek.
- The first steps in developing a persuasive LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn is a powerful business tool but so much depends on the words you choose and the story you tell. The workshop lays the groundwork for creating a standout LinkedIn profile that tells your story in a powerful and convincing manner. Leveraging your personality profile and detailed understanding of what you seek, you create the foundation of a high impact LinkedIn profile -all part of building a strong online reputation.
- More comfort in face-to-face networking – including talking about yourself as well as practicing active listening. Relationships are built on conversations. You will have ample opportunity to learn and practice networking techniques, drawing upon your profiling work to create conversations and engagements.
- Six weeks of follow up e-mails and exercises. The learning does not stop at the end of the day. We follow up with an exercise e-mail each week for six weeks to allow you to expand upon the work from the workshop.
- Membership to our Community Network. The workshop includes membership to our moderated community support group, hosted on Facebook. This is a safe place to reach out to others and share your insights, challenges and wins with each other
Oh yes, we should mention that you will have a great time, meet some really interesting people and save tons of time in the process!
And here’s our no-risk guarantee … if you think this workshop wasn’t worth what you paid for it, simply tell us why and we will give you a complete refund. If we don’t deliver, you get your money back! Why wait? Seating is limited.